I’ve been a fan of the Transformers from back in the 80s, when they first appeared on American television. Unfortunately, I wasn’t too crazy about this movie as I was the last.
Here are my issues with the movie.
- You introduce new transformers, but give them little to no screen time or dialogue except for Jetfire, and that was a bit wacky.
- What’s the deal with Mudflap and Skids? They felt like stereotypical cliches or ethnic comic relief that was added to the movies to make it more enjoyable for little kids, that added little to nothing to the main film. It’s like “hey kids, look at these crazy and stupid robots” *insert cheap laugh*. The movie would have been better with out them, allowing for more time for other things.
- Why is Bumblebee still having problems with his voicebox? What, you didn’t want to pay for another voice actor so you could spend more on explosions?
- What’s the deal with Arcee being made as three motorcycle robots? I just didn’t get it.
- Didn’t Jazz the Autobot die in the last movie? Why was there a car just like him, with a single line of dialogue in the movie.
- Most of the other autobots had little to no dialogue at all, except of course for Mudflap and Skids.
- Look, if you’re going to make a film appeal for little kids, then can we have less sexuality in the film, or just chuck the comic nonsense all together, give it a PG-13 rating, and do it right. Oh wait, it was given a PG-13 rating. So why the hell are parents bringing their 6 and 7 year olds to the film?
- You should have had Frank Welker do the voice of megatraon, instead of that other guy. It doesn’t feel like a true Transformers movie without him reprising his role. As a matter of fact, it would have been better if the original voice cast from the cartoon were allowed to reprise all of the original roles.
- The inclusion of Soundwave was cool, making him a satellite was ok, but still, not the same.
- That kitten was supposed to be ravage???
- This film still lacked the type of interaction I would have expected between Megatron and Starscream.
- Ok, can someone explain to me the decepticon that can looks like a woman??? Did I miss something? I think someone pulled that from their arse.
- Why do I feel like I’m having a dissatifying moment almost every ten minutes in the film?
- Why are most of the cast, over the age of 25, specifically the military members of the film, being more sidelined in this story? Therese was probably thinking, “it’s not too fast, too furious, but still getting paid”. That Josh guy probably said, “Hey, I got some lines, woohoo”. Seriously though, give everybody more lines, what the heck. Feels like a silent film at times.
- We get it, Megan Fox is pretty hot, but let the girl act some more. Slow motion running felt like a rip off from Baywatch. Did you cut a check to David Hasselhoff?
- Why did it feel like they reused the desert scene from the first movie? Doesn’t it?
- Wait, there are more transformers on planet Earth, and no one knows? One just happens to be in the Smithsonian? Really? As an SR-71 Blackbird? Really? Couldn’t you have made him the Enterprise?
- That damn Spark.
- Where is the Matrix of Leadership to light our darkess hour.
- Ok, ok, I will stop my moaning.
What did I like about the film?
- I had a bag of Reese’s pieces, they were good.
- Saw it in IMAX.
Wait, that’s not about the film itself.
- I know.
So what did I like about the film?
- It’s as close to Transformers as you’re going to get.