I decided to give a try of the new Google browser called Chrome. So far I really like it. I’ve been using it for about 4 hours so far, and here is what I like about it.
- The internal design of the browser, where it creates a sepeate thread for each webpage is great. I’ve run into situations with firefox where it crashes on me occassionally. It’s annoying to have a crash, especially when working on something. Chrome manages to seperate that crash so that the tab where the page is at crashes, not the entire browser.
- The user interface is simple. The url bar also acts as a search bar. It should have been like that from the beginning. It’s great. I don’t have to go between two different areas to go to either a webpage or do a search.
- The ability to create an application link. Say you go to a website often. Make it an application accessible from your desktop or quickbar. One click and you’re there. Awesome.
- I can drag a tabbed window from the browser and make it it’s own window without having the page reload. FRAKKING AWESOME. This is by far the best feature for me. As a developer, there are times I have multiple tabs in one window, but then I want to seperate the tab into it’s own window for side by side comparison. Now I can with ease. I can also drag a window back into the tabs, without the page reloading.
- It imported everything from my firefox browser. I was able to surf immediately.
Overall, I’m very happy with this browser. Granted, I don’t have some of the plugins I use for firefox, available for Chrome yet, but I think in time, they will appear.